All posts on this blog are my own; they do not represent any institution.
In tough times, people sometimes show the brightest colors. It has been great connecting with all sorts of people who are struggling, and fearful –many of whom are entirely alone. A while back, I shared a gratitude pact with a new friend, texting at least three things each day that unexpected made us smile. Here are some things I am grateful for today:
- The smiles on the faces of the local shopkeepers who are staying open to feed the community, despite risks to themselves;
- A notice that volunteers are ready to help those who cannot leave with groceries and urgent errands;
- Succulent smells from windows of those who are cooking in instead of Sunday brunching out;
- Cherry blossoms and springtime weather;
- Colleagues banding together in “free” time to offer thoughtful researched solutions to the toughest of challenges;
- Listening to the voices of those who seek to reassure;
- The way so many of us can remain virtually connected and are doing so creatively;
- The resourcefulness of loved ones doing without, yet finding ways to make do.